Title: ab·so·lu·tion: a novel
Author: Ava Harrison
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: October 6, 2018

When I opened my heart, it was for the men I couldn't have.
The unattainable ones.
The ones who would hurt me.
A vicious cycle I couldn’t seem to stop.
But I had a new resolve.
Focus on my career.
Stay single.
And then I met him.
Jace Montgomery.
A wounded widower with two young kids.
He was exactly everything I was avoiding.
So I did my best to stay away.
But then he kissed me.
And I fell.
Hard.
Hard for a man who would never be mine…
A man who was broken beyond repair.
A man who would break me.


Absolution was a story that captivated me that broke me and that put me back together again....... I loved every page of this book it was an emotional read that I didn’t want to end. I don’t want to write a review that full of spoilers I think for me the title says it all this is a story that takes you on a journey of Absolution it’s not fluffy it’s heartbreaking and gut-wrenching, it’s an emotional roller coaster but as I said at the start it may break you but it will also put you back together again because throughout this story there is light at the end of the tunnel. This book has all the feels you want to experience in an epic story it may be raw but it’s also pure and it’s beautifully written. Ava Harrison is a very talented and diverse author and I’m looking forward to reading more from her.
Ava Harrison is a new author to me and what a way to be introduced to an author. Jace Montgomery almost broke me. The anguish, heart break, guilt and sheer defeat in him had me in tears. What an absolute emotional roller coaster of a story Absolution was.
This was one of those books that touched me on so many levels that I find it hard to review; it was truly a gut wrenching book to read and Ava Harrison had me riveted from the first to the last page.
Trying to recover from the death of his wife, Jace has closed himself off from everyone including his two young children, a man shattered, whose only way of coping is to work. The pain, suffering and guilt throughout this book was palpable.
With his brother getting married, Jace is forced to attend and it is there he meets Sydney White, the best friend of his brother’s fiance. Sydney has given up on love and romance and is focused on her career.
Sydney decides to take Jace under her wing to help him through the events of the wedding weekend, after all the last thing she wants is for his morose attitude to spoil her friends' wedding.
Her decision changes their lives. Slowly but surely a friendship between Jace and Sydney forms and with time, it becomes something more.
Will Jace be able to move past his guilt and consider a future with Sydney or will he run? When tragedy strikes, will Jace and Sydney ride out the storm, or will it destroy them once and for all?
There were times that I wanted to smack Jace across the back of the head for his behaviour, not only in ignoring his children, but also for the way he treated Sydney. I was frustrated that Sydney accepted Jace’s treatment of her and I did feel at times that she should have put her foot down.
This story is about forgiveness, love and hope and that despite all the pain, there is light at the end of a very dark tunnel and life goes on.
Absolution is a story about healing and second chances. You can feel the pain that Jace feels with the loss of his wife but slowly the weight of grief slowly lifts as Sidney shows him how to live again and be there for his children.
It was tough to like Jace in the beginning. He really was an asshole to everyone around him, but knowing how much he was hurting and the guilt he carried, I found I wanted him to heal and find his HEA. Sidney was a saint. She was there for him as a friend and put up with his moody behavior. Slowly she started breaking down his walls to find the wonderful man underneath.
It was tough to like Jace in the beginning. He really was an asshole to everyone around him, but knowing how much he was hurting and the guilt he carried, I found I wanted him to heal and find his HEA. Sidney was a saint. She was there for him as a friend and put up with his moody behavior. Slowly she started breaking down his walls to find the wonderful man underneath.

Ava Harrison is a USA Today and Amazon bestselling author.
When she's not journaling her life, you can find her window shopping, cooking dinner for her family, or curled up on her couch reading a book.




























No comments:
Post a Comment