Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Release Blitz: The Wedding Date Disaster by Avery Flynn


THE WEDDING DATE DISASTER
By Avery Flynn
Release: August 25, 2020



Blurb
I can’t believe I have to go home to Nebraska for my sister’s wedding. I’m gonna need a wingman and a whole lot of vodka for this level of family interaction. At least my bestie agreed he’d man up and help. Too bad he had to catch a different flight than me. Then his plane got delayed. And finally—because bad things always happen in threes—instead of my best friend, his evil twin strolls out of the airport.

If you looked up doesn’t-deserve-to-be-that-confident, way-too-hot-for-his-own-good billionaire in the dictionary, you’d find a picture of Will Holt. He’s awful. Horrible. The worst—even if his butt looks phenomenal in those jeans.

Ten times worse? My buffer was supposed to be there to keep me away from the million and one family events. But Satan’s spawn just grins and signs us up for every. Single. Thing.
Fine. “Cutthroat” Scrabble? I’m in. I can’t wait to take this guy down a notch.

But somewhere between Pictionary and the teasing glint in his eyes, our bickering starts to feel like more than just a game…

Buy Links

Apple Books:  https://bit.ly/FlynnTWDD
Books A Million:  https://bit.ly/2EfbNbF



Enemies to lovers, secret identity, rom com, #TWDD, #AveryFlynnRomCom, #onebed




Excerpt:

Will. It’s good to have you here for this special occasion.”
“Thanks for having me, and please let me know what I can do to help.” The polite words came out almost as a reflex, because the answer was always no when it came to big events that were always catered and planned by professionals.
“Don’t suppose you can cook?” Sharon asked.
Considering she probably didn’t want her entire family slightly poisoned by undercooked chicken, there was only one answer he could give. “No, but I can wash dishes like you wouldn’t believe.”
“Good.” She gave him a real smile this time that had the corners of her eyes crinkling. “You’ve got a job.”
As everyone started to walk inside, Hadley pulled him back half a step. “Do you even know how to wash dishes?”
“I can load a dishwasher.” Occasionally he even did it. Usually, though, the cleaning crew took care of all that at his Harbor City penthouse.
“But have you ever actually done that?” She took a step closer, looking up at him with a knowing little smirk—the one that told him she knew just how full of shit he was. “Have you ever washed dishes by hand?”
“I’m not a complete spoiled jerk,” he said, sounding exactly like one even to his own ears.
She just lifted an eyebrow.
God, she was pushy—something that should have been annoying. Really, it was annoying. Completely. Utterly. Without a doubt. That was the only reason why he couldn’t drag his attention away from that smart mouth of hers because he couldn’t believe what words came out of it.
“Okay, fine.” He closed the distance between them, using the advantage of his height to look down at her. “No. I haven’t, but I’m sure I won’t have a problem excelling at it just like I do every- thing else.”
“Oh really?” she asked, not giving an inch. “I suppose you can also excel at all the ranching chores, like help check the fencing and gather eggs and muck the stalls, too.”
“Of course,” he said, his mouth running without his brain because all he could think about was how badly he wanted to kiss that knowing grin off her face right now. “By the end of the week, your relatives will be thinking of me like I’m just another cowboy in the family. They’re gonna love me.”
Hadley scoffed. “No. Fucking. Way.”
“Wanna bet?”
He had no idea why he was doing this. Proving
her wrong about his abilities to wash dishes or muck fences or mend stalls or be a beloved member of her family wasn’t on his agenda. He was here for one reason: to convince her to take her gold-digger hooks out of his brother. She was priming Web, softening him up for the taking. He’d seen it before—lived it—and the pattern was the same as what Mia had done to him. Start with friendship, add in some damsel-in-distress bullshit like her I-really-need-you-to-go-to-my-sister’s- wedding ploy, and then go in for the multimillion- dollar kill.
“So do we have a bet or not?” he asked.
“Bet on what?” she asked as she pantomimed pulling finger guns from a holster on each side of her round hips and shooting them into the air like a trick shot. “That you can become a rootin’ tootin’ city slicker cowboy much beloved by my family in a week? It’ll never happen.”
Oh, it was definitely happening now. Winning was his specialty. There was no way he’d lose to her. “If you lose, you leave my brother alone. If I lose—which isn’t going to happen—I’ll never mention you being a gold digger again, and I’ll get out from between you and my brother.”
Hadley released a dramatic sigh and pressed the back of her hand to her forehead. “Oh no, all my plans to marry a billionaire are in jeopardy.”
Such a smart-ass.






Oh boy the snark and sass is strong in this one!! I'm not kidding. The witty banter between the characters made this an entertaining enemies/haters to lovers story.
Hadley has to return home for her sisters wedding and expecting her best friend to be her plus one, however who ends up going is Web’s twin Will. Can they pull off a fake date with her family or is it destined to fail?
Sometimes what we show our families isn’t always the truth and perhaps Hadley has been trying to protect her family from seeing/knowing what her life is really like now.
With having to room with Will in a cabin for a week, needless to say the angry conversations, steamy tension and family meddlesome moments made this one great story. I laughed, commiserated and felt for what they all go through. Will’s trust issues are crazy but I thought the way things ended was fantastic! I loved the family games most and especially Hadley’s grandpa, he was gold!





Goodreads Early Review Snippets!
“The Wedding Date Disaster has Ms. Flynn's trademark humor and hotness galore!” - Linda, (un)Conventional Bookworms

“The Wedding Date Disaster was an instant win for me, it’s another successful laughter inducing read from the queen of romcom.” - Carlene Inspired

“Chemistry Doesn’t Lie - There’s Only the Lies We Tell Ourselves
The Wedding Date Disaster has everything you want in a romance: deep connections, a bit of angst, sizzling chemistry, a hot and steamy romance, the love of family, a lot of laughs and ultimately, redemption.

What you need to know about The Wedding Date Disaster:
✔ Enemies-to-Lovers romance
✔ Complete stand-alone
✔ Contemporary romance
✔ Forced proximity
✔Best friend’s TWIN brother”
                             —Kate Grand {A Grand Romance}




No comments:

Post a Comment