When We Fell Away by R.K. Lilley is now live!
Lorenzo Pope
I have always been a fraud.
As far back as I can remember, I have been pretending to think and feel what everyone around me insisted was right. Playing a part became so ingrained that, even now, years and evolutions later, I’m still not sure what’s at the center of me.
I was the eldest son in a strict Mormon family, born into a life that fit everyone but me. I tried. God, I tried. I gave it everything I had.
I spent years building a heaven for everyone but myself.
I preached salvation while quietly drowning.
In 1991, I was sent to Lyon, France by the church, determined to become the man I’d always pretended to be.
Then I met Elder Nathan Van Zandt.
His reputation preceded him. He was our district leader. The missionary everyone talked about. The football star who had put his future on hold to serve God. Brilliant. Devoted. Broad-shouldered and impossibly tall, with olive skin, fathomless dark eyes, and a smile that could make you believe in miracles.
He was the man on the tip of everyone’s tongue. They forgot to mention how beautiful he was.
Or how every room seemed to bend toward him the moment he walked inside.
Or how impossible he was to resist.
Sometimes your breaking point isn’t the moment you go under.
Sometimes it’s the moment you finally come up for air.
Temptation doesn’t always lead you astray from who you are.
Sometimes it leads you straight to it.
When We Fell Away is a poignant, forbidden M/M second-chance romance set in the early ‘90s, spanning years of reverent yearning, impossible devotion, aching restraint, and the devastating cost of choosing between faith and the only person who’s ever felt like home.
Download today!
Amazon US: https://bit.ly/4y0scpM
Apple Books: https://bit.ly/4qIo3o6
Nook: https://bit.ly/4qCBHsM
Kobo: https://bit.ly/4wQBnbq
Google Play:https://bit.ly/4yw3tdt
Goodreads: https://bit.ly/4gnIaDa
When We Fell Away by R.K. Lilley is definitely a book I will never forget!
Written with so much love and passion, this story is everything I’ve come to appreciate about R.K. Lilley’s writing.
I’ve read nearly all of R.K. Lilley’s books, and although I mostly read M/M romance, when I came across When We Fell Away, I knew I just had to read it.
Lorenzo and Nathan meet in Lyon, France, while carrying out their ministries. From there, their lives begin to unfold—though not always in the same direction.
The yearning between these two men is undeniable, and at times, heartbreakingly sad.
The writing is magnificent. It’s a gentle, beautifully told story that draws you into Lorenzo’s eyes, thoughts, and feelings, allowing you to experience his journey in such an intimate way.
At its heart, this is a story about two men who couldn’t find their person… until they finally did. ❤️
A beautiful, tender, unforgettable read.
Meet R.K. Lilley
R.K. Lilley lives in Texas with her husband and their two beautiful sons. She's had a lot of interesting jobs, from being a first class flight attendant, to being a stablehand, but swears she never knew what hard work was until she had children. She's been addicted to both reading and writing fiction since she can remember. She loves to travel, read, hike, paint, game, watch anime, and make the most of every single day. She is the author of In Flight, Bad Things, and Breaking Him, to name a few.
Connect with R.K.
Website | rklilley.com
Goodreads | https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6574132.R_K_Lilley
Amazon | https://www.amazon.com/stores/author/B00A1H5U20/about
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/RkLilley/
Facebook Group | https://www.facebook.com/groups/lilleysladies
Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/Authorrklilley
Bookbub | https://www.bookbub.com/authors/r-k-lilley
Pinterest | https://www.pinterest.com/authorrklilley/
Newsletter | http://rklilley.com/#anchor-link-newsletter






No comments:
Post a Comment