Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Review by Maimeo's Angels: Nobody's Lost by Kallypso Masters


A standalone novel about two characters with very minor mentions in the earlier books. 

Ryder Wilson returned from serving multiple deployments but can't leave the hell of combat behind him. Frustrated and ashamed of his inability to function in the world as well as the veterans he served with, he retreated, choosing to engage only with those he trusted. When retired Master Sergeant Adam Montague sends him on a mission to protect his sister from some unknown danger, Ryder's days of hiding out may be over. Can he fulfill his mission without failing again? 

Megan Gallagher has two big-brother Marines bent on protecting her from the evils of the world, but she's tougher than they think. When her older brother sends Ryder, one of his recon Marines, to her doorstep in the wee hours one night following a break-in, she realizes he needs rescuing more than she does. A friendship forms quickly, but unexpected passions run hot and complicate her resolve never to have a romantic relationship, much less marriage. So why are her body and her heart betraying her every time he comes near? 

Can these two wounded people lower their defenses long enough to allow love to grow?


The main characters in this book have appeared briefly in earlier Rescue Me Saga books, but this story can be read as a standalone novel and is a new entry point into this ongoing series. Megan and Ryder will appear in later books in the Rescue Me Saga.







Book six in the Rescue Me Saga is now available--NOBODY'S DREAM, Luke and Cassie's story. If you missed book five (released December 2014), you might want to read NOBODY'S LOST before continuing in the saga. Current reading order:


MASTERS AT ARMS & NOBODY'S ANGEL (FREE)
NOBODY'S HERO
NOBODY'S PERFECT
SOMEBODY'S ANGEL
NOBODY'S LOST
NOBODY'S DREAM



Kallypso Masters writes emotional, realistic Romance novels with dominant males (for the most part) and the strong women who can bring them to their knees. She also has brought many readers to their knees--having them experience the stories right along with her characters in the Rescue Me Saga. Kally knows that Happily Ever After takes maintenance, so her couples don't solve all their problems and disappear at "the end" of their Romance, but will continue to work on real problems in their relationships in later books in the saga.



Kally has been writing full-time since May 2011, having quit her "day job" the month before. She lives in rural Kentucky and has been married for more than 30 years to the man who provided her own Happily Ever After. They have two adult children, one adorable grandson, and a rescued dog.



Kally enjoys meeting readers at national romance-novel conventions, book signings, and informal gatherings (restaurants, airports, bookstores, wherever!), as well as in online groups (including Facebook's "The Rescue Me Saga Discussion Group"--send a friend request to Karla Paxton on Facebook to join if you are 18 or older and don't mind spoilers. 



To contact or interact with Kally, go to Facebook, her Facebook Author page, or Twitter (@kallypsomasters).



Keep up with news on her Web site (KallypsoMasters.com) by subscribing to her newsletter.



You can e-mail her at kallypsomasters@gmail.com, or write to her at



Kallypso Masters
PO Box 1183
Richmond, KY 40476-1183






Firstly I have to say that when I see the name Kallypso Masters, it is an automatic purchase. This saga is one of my all-time favourites. I was not disappointed by the latest addition to the saga. Every book I have read by Kallypso Masters has touched my soul. The way the author layers the storylines is amazing.
Although this is a stand-alone book, I personally feel that it was beneficial (but not necessary) to have read all the previous books in the Rescue Me Saga. This book started out as a novella and as such there is a brief mention of other characters but no real catch up like the other books. Typical Kallypso, it morphed into a novel.
Nobody's Lost is the story of Ryder Wilson and Megan Gallagher. Both characters have been mentioned slightly before in the saga, Megan is Adam Montague's half-sister and Ryder a marine, who served with Adam. Ryder struggles with PTSD and survivor guilt and Megan with a decision made that altered the course of her life. At the request of his Master Sergeant, Ryder is asked to protect Megan, a job he doesn't want but feels he has no choice but to accept.
I loved these characters. Ryder, I just wanted to hug him and make him better; his pain broke my heart. I admire Megan, a feisty woman who knows what she wants and she wants Ryder. Most people will find their relationship to be rushed but this is fiction and it can happen.  I enjoyed the BDSM scenes and was very interested to learn about the ways of Native Americans. I am impressed by how much Kallypso Master’s researches the subjects covered in her books, be it PTSD, BDSM or Native American spirituality. It is these details that make all her books so very special.
Nobody’s Lost made me laugh and cry, my heart broke for both Ryder and Megan and their tortured souls. Their relationship, although fast seemed to me to be a perfect fit. Two lost souls searching for their other half. I was so glad they were able to struggle through and reach their HEA. They so deserve it…
I look forward to catching up with Ryder and Megan in the next book in the saga Nobody’s Dream, due out early next year. Hopefully we will find out how they are settling in to their life together.
I also commend Kallypso and Amazon for their swift response to the error which saw the incorrect upload of the book at Amazon. I know many people received the wrong book and were angry and frustrated. I received it too. However, reviews should be based on the story content and not on upload errors so please bear that in mind.
Another brilliant addition to what is one of my all-time favourite series. Well done Kallypso Masters. I cannot wait for more.
I highly recommend this book and this wonderfully talented author.
Reviewed on behalf of
MI Bookshelf
Twitter: @MIBookshelf
Email: mibookshelf@gmail.com   I couldn’t believe she released at a price of $0.99. What an absolute bargain. A box set like this could be sold for 10 times that much and still I would have purchased it.
This series will always hold a special place in my heart, not just for the steaminess, the well written stories, but the truly ugly cry that it gave me. I sobbed so hard at one point that I thought I would wake the household.
I will also never ever look at glitter again without thinking of Harper and Sway. In fact the bottle of glitter I got in Tennessee holds a special place in my heart.
If you haven’t had the pleasure of reading this series, do yourselves a favour and grab it while you can. I intend to purchase the print book as soon as I can


No comments:

Post a Comment