Saturday, April 4, 2015

Review by Maimeo's Angels: To Meet Her Needs by Khul Waters

 

Mark Jackson's marriage is over. He drifts into a small, Australian coastal community where he finds comfort and emotional security in the arms of Sue, a young woman separated from her husband. Mark's fragile stability is shattered after Sue is torn away from him. 

When Ingrid Thompson enters Mark's emotionally turbulent world, their mutual attraction enflames them both. Ingrid, a successful manager, had not yet found a lover worthy of the gift of her submission. 

Will Mark prove to be worthy as they begin to explore the world of loving Domination and submission?






I am a 65-year-old Australian and was a high school teacher for most of my professional life. Born and raised in Sydney, I have taught in many places in eastern Australia. I have also taught in England and Hong Kong for extended periods of time.

I write in the genre of erotic romance in order to express the joy I find in life and in love. I began with short stories and poetry that mostly seemed to focus on one theme: the nature of love between men and women. Specifically, I am intrigued by the nature of Dom / submissive relationships. Not the stereotypical leather and whips type but the need for many men to take a dominating role in lovemaking and for many women to take a submissive role. My stories feature this pre-occupation and have been published by eXtasy Press.







I received this ARC for an honest review.

I had not read anything by Khul Waters and as I love to read new authors I was excited to read this book. Particularly since he is an Australian author.

I was asked to read and review this book personally by the author. The setting for this book is the NSW Central Coast of Australia which is where I reside. Since I have never read a book set in my own backyard, I was interested to see how the fact that I know and relate to the places spoken about would enhance my reading. I wasn’t disappointed. I often read books by American authors and have no idea what they are talking about and have to look up the meaning of the words they use or ask my American friends to explain.

The story starts off initially with Mark and his friend with benefits Sue. Two people brought together by loneliness. Mark is reeling from a separation which ultimately ends in divorce, whilst Sue is left to raise her young son alone when her husband leaves her. After Mark finds out that his wife is going ahead with the divorce and wants the majority of their assets, Marks cuts himself off from his friends for a few days, drinking himself into oblivion. While dealing with this, Sue tells Mark that her husband is returning to the coast and wants to try again.

Mark works several jobs; part time teacher, life guard, surfing instructor and waiter at a local restaurant. It is there that he waits on and meets the fascinating Ingrid. He is drawn to her from the first moment he sees her.

A few weeks later Ingrid and her boss again have dinner at the restaurant and it is clear to all who watch that both Mark and Ingrid are attracted to each other. So much so that Mark leaves work early and he and Ingrid go for a romantic walk on the esplanade. What follows is hot and sizzling sex.

Mark and Ingrid continue to get to know each other, all the while having steamy sex. Testing their boundaries and having fun. Ingrid is a natural submissive; Mark who wants to please her and has Dominant tendencies has no trouble enhancing this aspect of their lives. It is obvious as soon as you begin to read their story, that this is the beginning of a deep and abiding love.

Although the book is obviously erotic, with light BDSM scenes, it is the love story that builds between Mark and Ingrid that is truly beautiful to read. Their obvious affection and the depth of their feelings shine throughout the story which is beautifully written.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I eagerly await any releases by Khul Waters. I highly recommend this book.
Reviewed on behalf of
MI Bookshelf
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MIBookshelf2?fref=ts
Web: http://mibookshelf.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @MIBookshelf


No comments:

Post a Comment