First Time Ever: .99 Cent Sale 8/25 - 8/30
Available together for the first time--with NEW Bonus Material! Enjoy the first three books in the USA Today bestselling series, Rescue Me Saga. This 1300-plus page set is the perfect collection for fans wanting to own the updated versions without losing their originally published covers AND is a bargain for new readers wanting to discover the series and see why Adam, Marc, Damian--with all their perfect imperfections--are loved by so many readers. Each book in this series has sold more than 100,000 paid copies individually since their releases in 2011 and 2012! Grab yours and see what the excitement is all about!
NEW BONUS MATERIALS EXCLUSIVE TO THIS SET!
First, a blast from the past as Ms. Masters shares a few interviews from the blogosphere where she and her characters answered some insightful (sometimes prophetic) questions four years ago when this adventure began. In addition, she has compiled a collection of 13 recipes mentioned in scenes in these books.
This box set includes the previously combined MASTERS AT ARMS & NOBODY’S ANGEL, plus NOBODY’S HERO and NOBODY’S PERFECT—all three with happy endings!
Book 1 (previously combined), MASTERS AT ARMS & NOBODY’S ANGEL:
MASTERS AT ARMS begins the journey of three men, each on a quest for honor, acceptance, and to ease his unspoken pain. Their paths cross at one of the darkest points in their lives. As they try to come to terms with the aftermath—forging an unbreakable bond—will they ever truly become masters of their own fates? Or would fate become master of them?
NOBODY’S ANGEL: Marc d’Alessio might co-own a private kink club with his fellow military veterans, Adam and Damian, but he keeps all women at a distance. When Marc rescues Angelina Giardano from a disastrous first experience at his club, however, an uncharacteristic attraction leaves him torn between his safe, but lonely world, and a possible future with his angel. While trying to protect Angelina from her abusive ex, though, Marc once again finds her at the Masters at Arms Club where she turns his safe, controlled world upside down.
Book 2, NOBODY’S HERO:
Retired Marine Master Sergeant Adam Montague has battled through four combat zones, but now finds himself retreating from Karla Paxton, who has declared war on his heart. With a significant age difference, he feels he should be her guardian and protector, not her lover. But Karla’s knack for turning up in his bed at inopportune times is killing his resolve to do the right thing. Karla isn’t the young girl he rescued nine years earlier—something his body reminds him of every chance it gets.
USA Today Bestselling Book 3, NOBODY’S PERFECT:
Savannah/Savi escaped eleven years of abuse at the hands of her father and finally made a safe life for herself and her daughter. But when her father once again threatens her peace of mind—and her daughter’s safety—Savi runs to Damian Orlando for protection. Eight years earlier as Savannah (in MASTERS AT ARMS), she shared one perfect day with Damian that changed both their young lives and resulted in a secret she no longer can hide. But being with Damian reawakens repressed memories and feelings she wants to keep buried. After witnessing a scene with Damian on Savi’s first night at his private club, however, she begins to wonder if he could help her regain control of her life and reclaim her sexuality and identity.
Damian, a wounded warrior, has had his own dragons to fight in life, but has never forgotten Savannah. He will lay down his life to protect her and her daughter, but doesn’t believe he can offer more than that. She deserves a whole man, something he can never be after a firefight in Iraq. Damian has turned to SM to regain control of his life and emotions and fulfills the role of Service Top to “bottoms” at the club. However, he could never deliver those services to Savi, who needs someone gentle and loving, not the man he has become.
Will two wounded survivors find love and healing in each other’s arms?
Facebook Party: 7-11 p.m. EDT Aug. 27
Join Kally and friends--Ruth Cardello, Eliza Gayle, Rachel Lee, Donna McDonald, and Eliza Gayle--for a FaceBook party celebrating my 4 Years of Eyes on Me (and my Masters) at https://www.facebook.com/
events/658461634291508/. Kally will be giving away four $50 Gift Cards and her friends will have giveaways, too! Lots of fun interacting with each other and sharing stories with readers.
Excerpt of the Recipe BONUS Section in the box set (one of the 13 recipes shared):
Cassie’s Peruvian Pork Loin
with Spicy Rice (Peruvian Tacu Tacu)
Dry rub (Cassie uses a rub with powdered aji panca, salt, and brown sugar)
2 lb. pork tenderloin (two loins)
1/2 cup beef broth
1/4 cup orange marmalade
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup port wine
1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Pat the meat dry and coat with the dry rub, then put into an uncovered glass oven-proof baking dish. (If you line it with foil ahead of time, it makes it easier to clean later and you can use the foil to wrap the meat after roasting.) Place dish of uncovered meat in refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours or even overnight.
- In medium bowl, combine broth, marmalade, orange juice, and port wine together; pour over pork and return to refrigerator for 30 minutes to 2 hours. Turn pork occasionally so all sides are coated by the sauce. Remove from fridge about 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place dish on center rack and bake pork with sauce until thoroughly cooked, about 25-45 minutes until the internal temperature reaches at least 150 degrees F. (Kally always errs on the side of caution when working with pork! Use a meat thermometer. Temperature should rise as much as 10 degrees after being removed from oven and 160 degrees after a few minutes resting is ideal.) Remove from oven.
- Cover meat to keep warm.
- Pour juices/drippings into a small saucepan. Add cornstarch. Bring to a slow simmer, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened.
- Uncover and slice meat to desired thickness.
- Serve with sauce poured over meat or on the side. See Spicy Rice recipe below to accompany.
Cassie’s Spicy Rice (Peruvian Tacu Tacu)
1 cup dried brown lentils (7-8 ounces)
7-1/4 cups water, divided
1-1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic, divided
6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 cup long-grain mix of white and wild rice
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon bottled ají amarillo or ají mirasol chile paste
- In a heavy, medium saucepan, bring lentils, 5 cups water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil; simmer, uncovered, until lentils are just tender (about 12-25 minutes). Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- In another heavy, 2-quart saucepan, cook 1 teaspoon garlic over medium heat while stirring for about one minute.
- Add rice to garlic pan and cook, continuing to stir for about a minute.
- Add remaining water (2-1/4 cups) and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and cook over low heat for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let covered pan stand for about 10 minutes, then using a rubber spatula, stir rice from top to bottom before adding to lentils mixture.
- In a heavy, 12-inch, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onion and remaining teaspoon minced garlic in 1 tablespoon oil until onion turns a golden color (approximately 3-5 minutes). Add chile paste and continue to stir 1 minute. Stir onion mixture into rice-lentil bowl.
- In same skillet, heat oil over medium temperature until hot. Add rice-lentils mixture and fry. Use spatula to gently flatten until golden-brown crust forms on bottom (about 3 minutes), then stir rice-lentils and fry, flatten it again, until once again a golden-brown crust forms (another 3 minutes). Repeat frying and flattening until the crusty bits are dispersed throughout the dish (perhaps three more turns, or 9 minutes, for a total frying time of 15 minutes).
- Serve hot with Peruvian pork loin recipe, above.
Hi! I’m Kallypso Masters and I write deeply emotional, realistic stories of love, healing, and redemption. Each novel ends happily—because there’s enough uncertainty in life that I don’t want to leave you hanging. But the Rescue Me Saga is about people who have formed a family of choice, so they will recur in (read: butt into) each other books (and even spin-off series books) as they continue to work on issues of life, healing, and love.
There always seems to be a level of kink/BDSM in my books. Not necessarily characters who live and breathe the club scene several times a week, but more those who live the lifestyle on a day-to-day basis from one end of the spectrum to another. Even those who don’t enjoy reading kinky books have found these to be enjoyable, compelling page-turners, I think because the kink is not the main focus of the stories. I dig deeper into these people’s lives and emotional issues. I also use kink and any other methods available to help characters heal from the hurts of the world.
My books don’t have predictable, cookie-cutter plots. Even though a book is in the same series, you can expect different heat levels and story/plot/character lines that fit each couple perfectly. Just like in your own family, these people aren’t after the same thing in the same way and each has a personality of his/her own.
I’ve been writing full-time since May 2011, having quit my “day job” the month before with no new job in sight. Luckily, readers latched onto these characters and continue to think about them long after a book is published, so you won’t see this series come to an end. (And I do not believe in killing off main characters, so Adam may someday be about 90 but he’ll still be alive and ticking.) With more than a million copies of my books on e-readers around the world and two have hit the USA Today Bestseller list (NOBODY’S PERFECT and NOBODY’S DREAM, the last release), so readers are still wanting more.
I live in rural Kentucky with my hubby of 32 years. Mr. Ray (as he became known by fans at KallypsoCon 2014) provided me with my own Happily Ever After despite having sworn off marriage and men at the age of 23 after a childhood of abuse. Funny what love can do to us to change our perspective, isn’t it? That theme comes up in my books time and time again.
We have two adult children, one adorable grandson (Master Erik, who makes frequent appearances on my Facebook timeline), and a rescued dog. (Our daughter moved home while finishing training for a new career and brought her rescued cat back with her, too!)