Thursday, April 6, 2017

Review by Jackie: Lucky by Carina Adams




Starting over from scratch, with a new career in a new town, was not what I wanted to do right before I turned thirty. When my best friend came to cheer me up, I played along. I promised her I'd take one last night to let loose and have fun before I embraced my future.

A sexy as sin bartender, and the hottest one-night-stand to ever exist, was not part of my plan.

Neither was the connection we had. We had nothing in common other than the same sense of humor and a spark neither could ignore. Yet fate kept shoving us together.

Lucky was the whole package - smart, athletic, and kind, he was the football hero in our little college town. A filthy talking bad boy, who could have any woman he wanted. Despite all our differences, that woman was me.

Sometimes, despite the odds, you cross your fingers, roll the dice, and go with the flow. Because love is worth it. And this just might be my lucky chance.

"One night stand my ass."
 









5 Stars
I wasn't sure about this book something about older women and younger men doesn't sit right with me but boy was I wrong this book had me from the first chapter and it was read in one sitting. I fell in love with Lucky and Sunny and their funny sarcastic banter but it was the love they had for each other that really made this book a great read for me. Carina Adams has a way of making her characters real, Sunny's fear and apprehension of a  age difference plus a student/ teacher relationship comes across throughout this story but Lucky is a strong down to earth character who puts his feelings before any rules, love is what is important to both Lucky and Sunny and that comes across on every page of this book. A beautifully written story that proves love can overcome obstacles as long as you want it too. A great book told from dual points of view.





Carina Adams has been writing and creating characters for as long as she can remember, allowing her to fall in love with the next man of her dreams with every new story.
Thankfully, fate stepped in and granted her the ultimate wish - a life full of men. Carina lives in a picturesque New England town with her husband, the man who ruined the thought of all others, and two amazing sons who always keep her on her toes.
When she's not writing, you can find her with her nose pressed against her kindle or laughing with friends. 
She loves to hear feedback from her readers, no matter what type. You can email her at: carinaadamswrites@gmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment