Sunday, November 18, 2018

Review Tour: Braced by Stacy Gail

Title: Braced
Series: Brody Brothers #2 (standalone)
Author: Stacy Gail
Genre: Contemporary/Cowboy/Billionaire Romance
Release Date: November 5, 2018 Publisher: Carina Press
I missed you, and I needed to see you again.


And that’s the last thing Lilah Ledbetter wants. She’s been down that road with Finian Brody, and she’ll be damned if she’ll let him hurt her again—no matter how hot he still makes her burn.
You deserve better, and I want the chance to give you better.
Epic truck sex should never be followed by a broken heart, but that’s exactly what Fin gave Lilah, all those months ago. Nudging her into a job at Green Rock Ranch is hardly the way to make amends, though her body doesn’t seem to get the message. 
Tell me you want me, Lilah. Say it.
Heaven help her, she does. Avoiding Fin when they’re working together is next to impossible. He’s still arrogant as hell, but there’s something different this time around.
He’s changed.
But so has she.
Feel all of me with all of you, sunshine, and know this is where you belong.
Fin might be sure they belong together, but Lilah will have to bury the past before giving Fin—and love—a second chance.
This book is approximately 76,000 words



Braced is book 2 in The Brody Brothers Series but it can certainly be read as a stand-alone I know this because Stacy Gail is a new author to me and I have to say time permitting I will definitely be checking out book 1 in this series of cowboy brothers.
Fin was not an easy person to like he had treated Lilah badly but as the story progresses you get to see a man who has seen the errors of his ways and a man who is determined to prove to  the girl he is worth taking a second chance on. Lilah grew up with the Brody brothers infact as children she convinced Fin’s older brother to marry her and Fin but after a romp in the backseat of a truck Fin runs in the opposite direction but now he is back trying his best to win the girl who holds a piece of his heart back ....... Will Lilah risk her heart getting broken for a second time.....
A second chance romance that’s beautifully written, it’s passionate and has a family of brothers I want to know more about because let’s be happy nest who can resist a alpha protective male in a cowboy hat....




This is Finian Brody and Lilah Ledbetter’ story. This was a good read and I have to say that straight off the bat Stacy Gail had me laughing as Lilah tried to capture the elusive goat that had gotten free.

As with his brother Ry, Fin was an arrogant jerk, but he grew on me slowly. Lilah deserved so much more than how he treated her and I was frustrated by her at times. 
Lilah has always had a bit of a crush on Fin and even slept with him.

However it all went downhill after he broke her heart and I struggled to see any good in him until further into the book. Lilah in the other hand I loved, she was a determined, feisty woman who has plans for her life. 

The old adage, you don’t know what you’ve lost until it’s gone reminds me of Fin. Once he realises the error of his ways, he sets out to claim Lilah. There was certainly chemistry between these two and I am glad that Lilah did not make it easy for Fin.

A second chance at love story that will tug at your heart, I really liked the way that Fin stood up to Lilah’s overbearing mother. Once he came into his own, it was good to see how much he supported Lilah.



A competitive figure skater from the age of eight, Stacy Gail wrote stories between events to pass the time. By fourteen, she told her parents she was either going to be a skating coach who was also a romance writer, or a romance writer who was also a skating pro. Now with a day job of playing on the ice with her students, and writing everything from PNR and cyberpunk to contemporary romance at night, both dreams have come true.
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment