Release Date: September 7
Reed
I never wanted to be a cowboy, living in a small town was suffocating.
The military was my out.
I saw every place I ever wanted and everything that nightmares are made of.
Until I almost lost my life and then I ended up back home.
Hazel
Finding out that I was pregnant the night before I left for college changed everything. I left that small town and vowed to never return.
When my grandfather died, I had no choice but to go back home.
The plan was just for two weeks.
I thought it would be quick and easy, until he was standing at the back door asking questions.
Secrets never stay secrets for long in this town.
Where do I even begin to convey how heartfelt and beautiful this story is!
Ms Madison has outdone herself writing this heartwarming story.
It was absolutely wonderful. The characters touched my heart in a big way and I even had tears a few times.
Both Reed and Hazel left town 6 years ago. Reed to the military and Hazel for other reasons. These two have returned home, one injured and the other for a death in the family. The big secret Hazel has hidden is something Reed never expected. How will he react?
Needless to say could this be the reason he stays home?
These two just melted my heart, especially a certain someone. Emotions, close-knit families and support made this one incredible unputdownable book. Makes me want to find this town and move there!!
Worth much more than 5 stars!
Southern Sunshine is the story of Reed Barnes and Hazel. Reed always lived in his father and older brother’s shadow and couldn’t wait to get out of his small hometown.
Now six years later, he returns home after getting injured while deployed overseas. He finds that his feelings for his ex-flame, Hazel, are still alive and well and he can’t wait to see what happens. What he wasn’t expecting to find was the surprise that Hazel has kept hidden from him all these years.
This beautiful, heart warming second chance romance had me laughing at times and also in tears at others. I definitely needed a tissue or two throughout this gorgeous story.
The characters are so well developed throughout this book and the interactions between all the secondary characters is fantastic.
I cannot recommend this book and this series enough!










No comments:
Post a Comment