Saturday, July 22, 2017

Reviews by Sara & Jackie: To Win Her Smile by Mackenzie Crowne


Blurb: 
Can she trust this player with her heart? 
 
Ever since experiencing a childhood trauma, reclusive artist CC Calhoun has suffered from panic attacks. But when a fateful kiss from handsome wide receiver, Kevin “Tuck” Tucker, is enough to stop one of those episodes cold, she wonders if guarding her heart has been the right choice. Will going on a test date with Tuck open her to trusting someone for the first time in years? Or will she wind up being just another notch in the football player’s bedpost?

Tuck has a reputation for charming women into bed, but after his kiss with CC, he’s left aching for more. When he proposes a second date, his attraction to the sexy blonde looks like the makings of true love—something he’s never quite believed in—until now. But when Tuck discovers CC’s childhood secrets, will the pro athlete be tough enough to stay by her side—or will he betray her hard-earned trust?










This was the first book I’ve read by Mackenzie Crowne and oh my goodness did I love it!

Her witty writing style sucked me right into Piper and Wyatt’s story.

Wyatt is a professional quarterback in the NFL and has these quirky superstitions that you may find other professional athletes having. Except instead of having a lucky rabbit’s foot, he has lucky women. Or in this case he finds Piper to be the team’s lucky charm.

Piper Darrow, Baroness of Delaney, finds herself at the tail end of a soaring football that gets tipped straight into her face at a professional football game. She ends up with a broken nose but also finds herself intensely attracted to the quarterback who feels horrible for breaking her nose from the pass that he threw. Piper’s passion is photography but she also feels a sense of duty as a Baroness to look after the estate that has resided in her family for over four hundred years. Her estate, and home, becomes threatened by her snooty and dare I say, bitchy, cousin if she isn’t paid her inheritance that is due by New Year’s Eve.

The story that comes out of these circumstances is fantastic! I loved the other professional athletes that take part, who I’m also assuming are from the previous books in the series. There are also the Gridiron Girls who are the wives and significant others of the other teammates on Wyatt’s team. Piper’s best friend Moira and her extended family, Tilly and Angus, are all hysterical and had me laughing out loud quite frequently throughout the book.

Needless to say, you NEED to read this book! It is so worth it.

Seriously loved it!




MacKenzie Crowne is a new author to me but she won't be new for very long, I loved this book and I need to read the previous books in the Players series.
British Baroness Piper Darrow is having a hard time, her inherited estate needs money and if she is going to keep it in her families name she needs a lot of money and fast so when she gets the chance to go to the US as a photographer to take take some pictures at the Manhattan Marauders Football Game she jumps at it but what she doesn't expect is for the hot quarterback Wyatt Hunter to throw a pass that ended up smacking her on the nose ....
Wyatt Hunter is a superstitious athlete and he gets into his head that Piper is the teams good luck charm so he will do what ever is needed to keep her a every game even if that means paying her to be there...
What starts as a business arrangement turns into a love affair but what happens when Wyatts powerful family find out about Pipers past, will he trust Piper enough to follow his heart. If you love sports romance this is a must read. Can't wait to read more from this author.





Hi there. My name is Mackenzie Crowne. 

I'm a wife, mother and really young grandmother. Together with my high school sweet heart husband, a rambunctious lab, and a blind cat, I call Phoenix home because the southwest feeds my soul. My love of the romance genre has been a lifelong affair. A bout with breast cancer sharpened my resolve to see my stories shared with others. Today I'm an eight-year survivor living the dream. 

My friends call me Mac. I hope you will too.

Sensual Romance With a Side of Sass...

Attachments area

No comments:

Post a Comment