Thursday, May 24, 2018

ONE BABY DADDY by Meghan Quinn - Review & Excerpt Tour

       
"What are you doing now that your team is out of the running for the Stanley Cup?" Forget. I need to forget. I need an escape. Only one person isn't falling for my reputation as the NHL's Golden Boy; she captured my attention the minute she called me out for snooping through my best friend's house. She didn't want to hear my reason--she only wanted to playfully give me a hard time. Adalyn is bold, sassy--and the perfect escape. She's everywhere. In town and in my dreams, and suddenly I need to spend every waking moment with her. And I do, making this summer the best off-season I've ever had. But in the midst of getting lost in Adalyn, what I don't expect is to get her pregnant. And what I definitely don't expect is having to fight for her affection.

         

  “Would you mind zipping up the back of my dress?” She walks toward me, her flowery scent floating in my direction, spiking my yearning into overdrive. “Uh, yeah . . . sure.” She turns around, and looks over her shoulder. The back of her dress is completely open, the zipper undone to just above the curve of her beautifully round ass. Shit, all that smooth, tan skin, covered by nothing but the velvety fabric of the dress. Is she wearing underwear? She’s not wearing a bra and I see no panty line. Clearing my throat, I ask, “Are you wearing underwear, Adalyn?” From over her shoulder, she smiles shyly. “Yes, it’s small though.” Of course it is. Why wouldn’t it be? Not being able to stop myself, I take a second to float my fingertips up her spine. From the initial touch, her back arches and a small gasp releases from her lips, but before I can think about stopping, she melts into my touch. Stepping closer, I place my hand on the back of her hip, my thumb pressing into her ass while the other hand explores the bare expanse of her back. Her head falls to my shoulder. Her lips part, and when I snake to the front of her dress, her breath hitches. Eyes closed, I take in ragged breaths, my fingers inching closer and closer to her front, my cock painfully hard. It’s been so goddamn long—and being with Adalyn has only spurred on my need—but I want to make sure we’re in a good place before we commit to anything. I want to make sure she’s ready emotionally because the minute I bury myself deep inside her, I know there will be no turning back. She will be mine forever. But maybe for now, I can just have a little touch . . . My cock pressed against her butt, she expertly grinds her backside into me, her hands moving to my neck, pulling my head down to hers. I kiss the side of her neck, using the hand that’s gripping her hips to guide her with her grinding in just the right place. Fuck, that feels good. I grunt, the sound vibrating over her sleek neck. My hand on her stomach, she arches wanting more of my touch, silently asking me to move north. And I fucking comply. Inch by slow inch, I guide my hand to just below her breasts. When I halt my pursuit, a displeased groan escapes her. “Hayden, please.” I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to find the willpower. Her fingernails dig into my scalp, spurring me on as she turns her head and finds my lips. She kisses me. Hot. Wet. Needy. Her lips gliding across mine, her tongue diving into my mouth, her moans are vocal and sexy. Her delicious ass, pressing, grinding, undulating against my rock-hard cock makes me want to do so much more, makes me want to taste so much more. Moving my hand higher, my fingertips graze the bottom of her breast. Soft. Round. Smooth. I caress her right below her nipple, never touching, just teasing . . . tempting.        



What can a professional hockey player and a nurse possibly have that could draw them together? Where do I start.? Firstly this is a book I would happily give 10 stars to in a heartbeat; what a joy it was to read this story. This is third book in the Dating by Numbers series and is a stand alone novel that was brilliantly written and executed. 

I do believe I have found a new book boyfriend.  Hayden Holmes, ticked all my boxes and what I wouldn’t give to have him in my life; he is one of a kind. 

Just when I think Meghan Quinn’s writing cannot get any better she out does herself. 

Hayden is hooked by the feisty and bold Adalyn from their first meeting. The chemistry between them is electrifying and you can almost feel the sizzle in the air. 

One of the things I most enjoyed about this story was the build up, Hayden sets out to woo Adalyn and he was so romantic and sweet all I wanted to do was push Adalyn aside. 

Of course all is not smooth sailing but as expected when reading a Meghan Quinn story I was totally engrossed. Throw in an unexpected pregnancy and you just know your in for one heck of a roller coaster ride. I laughed, I cried, I sighed such were the emotions I had reading One Baby Daddy. 

I really loved Hayden and Adalyn, these two are meant to be together. The secondary characters were awesome and I am looking forward to readng Racer's book.

One click now, you will not be disappointed. 





5+ stars

Im speechless
I have had so many emotions reading this book that I'm unsure how to convey my thoughts....

My absolute favourite book boyfriend to date is Hayden Holmes! So I'm laying claim that he’s mine!! #HaydenIsMine #HaydenIsMarina's!!!
I literally cant even with him....

My heart is bursting, my eyes leaking at what a monumental soul that man is!!!
Just a downright humble, caring, loving beautiful man! The embodiment of man, if thats even a sentence im sure you will understand when you read this brilliant heartwarming but also heart wrenching story!
And Adalyn??!! What a genuinely lovely woman she is!
These two are destined to break hearts everywhere!!
I loved their story immensely!! It captured my heart snd soul! Their friends were wonderful too! I loved reading how Racer, Tucker and Emma were doing! I loved their relationship with them and I adored their families too!
Not much else to say than you HAVE to read it!!
Outstanding book and my absolute favourite of 2018!





Meghan Quinn is one of my go to authors and I really didn’t think it would be possible for her books to get any better.. Boy was I wrong One Baby Daddy captivated me and blew me away, I fell hopelessly in love with Hayden Holmes, I knew his story would be special when we first met him in Twisted Twosome but his story is more than special it’s perfect.
 This story may span across three books but the whole book is spent in the present time with Hayden and Adalyn, there are no flashbacks just their love story. 
The attraction and the connection is instant, the chemistry is sizzling but Hayden isn’t a man who rushes things especially love, he wants to take it slow and really get to know Adalyn because this might be his first real relationship but he hopes it will also be his last, he hopes Adalyn is his forever girl. 
This love story hits some speed bumps along the way and yes I cried but there are also some moments that will have you feeling all fuzzy inside, a perfect journey with a hockey hottie who is loyal and not afraid to go after what he wants ......
A must read from the very talented Meghan Quinn.



One Baby Daddy is the first book that I've read in the Dating by Numbers series and I am officially hooked! 

Meghan Quinn delivers yet another witty and laugh out loud contemporary sports romance. I loved the inner dialogue of the characters. Meghan's writing style is fantastic and will keep you reading page after page. 

Hayden is a rookie professional hockey player who finds himself in some hot water after getting into a fight on the ice. He decides to return to his home state for the summer to get away from everything and to relax. 

Adalyn is a nurse who finds herself struggling with her new career but when she meets Hayden at a friend's party, she feels a near instant attraction to him. I love that Adalyn is a feisty heroine and even though she finds herself pregnant with Hayden's baby she never loses her true self. 

The romance that develops between Hayden and Adalyn is beautiful and totally swoon-worthy. 

I loved this book and will definitely need to read the other books in the series!





 
Born in New York and raised in Southern California, Meghan has grown into a sassy, peanut butter eating, blonde haired swearing, animal hoarding lady. She is known to bust out and dance if “It’s Raining Men” starts beating through the air and heaven forbid you get a margarita in her, protect your legs because they may be humped. Once she started commuting for an hour and twenty minutes every day to work for three years, she began to have conversations play in her head, real life, deep male voices and dainty lady coos kind of conversations. Perturbed and confused, she decided to either see a therapist about the hot and steamy voices running through her head or start writing them down. She decided to go with the cheaper option and started writing… enter her first novel, Caught Looking. Now you can find the spicy, most definitely on the border of lunacy, kind of crazy lady residing in Colorado with the love of her life and her five, furry four legged children, hiking a trail or hiding behind shelves at grocery stores, wondering what kind of lube the nervous stranger will bring home to his wife. Oh and she loves a good boob squeeze! Facebook | Follow on Goodreads | Website | Amazon Author Page | Instagram | Follow on BookBub | Newsletter  

No comments:

Post a Comment